San Can work in San Diego or Boise locations (no remote work)
Diego = $34.00 - $36.00 hour
Boise = $30.00- $32.00 hour
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software data mining tools (written in C++) and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for Incident Managers. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Will interact with Incident Management and Problem Management teams to help improve data mining tools efficiencies, also work with SQL and Oracle for database management . Additional duties to include analysis of Incident records in HP Service Manager for the NMCI account to (a) understand and quantify sources of Incident volumes and (b) identify Problem Management opportunities for Incident Volume reductions.
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Understands Incident Management practices and ITIL v3 experience would be a plus
- DoD Secret clearance
- 5+ years of demonstrated programming experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) languages required (VB, and C++)
- Experience with Oracle, and SQL
- Experience designing and developing software applications design tools and languages
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software applications for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software applications running on multiple platform types into overall architecture
- Evaluating and selecting forms and processes for software applications testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options with multiple Enterprise teams
- Self-motivate, have strong teamwork and communication skills, and also the ability to work independently with little supervision