Under the direction of the Community Social Services Director, the Income Support Manager provides overall leadership, management and oversight over all financial assistance, child support, employment and training, and transportation programs. The Income Support Manager oversees, manages, and implements programs by delegating authority and responsibility to designated supervisory personnel and by monitoring compliance of program activities with county plans, policies, state and federal laws, rules and requirements. This position negotiates contracts with vendors under the authority of the Director and is responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of program and fiscal operations of the programs/services in relation to departmental goals, expected outcomes, and approved budget allocations. The responsibilities of the position include collaborating with the Director, outside agencies, local officials and others in assessing program needs, planning program changes, or in recommending and implementing new program or changes to existing programs/services. Insure implementation of federal, state and local agency policy to provide effective service to county residents in a fiscally responsible manner.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, manages and oversees the coordination and delivery of division programs so that they comply with County plans, approved budget allocations, state regulations, rules and guidelines.
• Manages and supervises personnel of the division directly or through designated division/unit supervisors. This includes but is not limited to; Hiring, promoting or transferring staff, assigning work, providing rewards and discipline.
• Serves as a liaison between the division, department administration, county administration, and outside organizations.
• Conducts and performs various public relations activities in areas of responsibility.
• Fiscal and Program Reporting.
• Performs other duties of a comparable level of type.
• Bachelor's degree (Master's Degree desired) in Social Work, Public Administration, Business Administration or related area.
• Requires a minimum of five years of related supervisory and management experience.
• Valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility.
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS:
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examination (interview). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interviews and background investigations.