The objective of this position is to increase our effectiveness at getting complete income verification on accounts we target for IBR (Income Based Rehabilitation). The penalty for negotiating a reduced payment amount for IBR rehabilitation without the required income verification is a repayment arrangement that has no value. Performant Recovery Inc. should have an incremental increase in rehabilitation revenue by qualifying borrowers that would not otherwise commit to a standard rehabilitation payment.
The Income Verification Specialist will be responsible for taking a borrower transferred from the collection staff through the process of authorizing an online order to the IRS using a form 4506-T. The Income Verification Specialist must achieve high borrower acceptance to:
• Providing accurate information about their most recent IRS tax filing history, and filing address.
• Receiving an e-mail notification with a link to a 3rd party vendor web portal and e–signing an authorization to request their income tax and/ or W-2 records from the IRS using a 4506-T form.
• Accessing their e-mail through internet phones, home or work computers, or I-Pads.
• Providing call-back phones numbers to finalize the payment amount with the collector based on the income tax information received from the IRS.
The Income Verification Specialist must achieve exceptional ability to make borrowers comfortable with this entire process using personality, clear and easy to follow instructions, and create an acceptable amount of urgency to act on this process immediately.
Manage the reporting and documentation requirements associated with the process.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• A strong background in internet phones, I-Pads, and internet web access.
• Excellent verbal skills, particularly over the telephone.
• Good problem solving skills.
• The ability to maintain composure under difficult and/or hostile interactions.
• Excellent attendance.
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly.
• Understands and is comfortable with multiple priorities.
• Sit/stand/walk 8-12hr/day
• Lift/carry/push/pull under and over 10lbs occasionally
• Keying frequency, handling, reaching, fine manipulation
• Able to work in a fast pace environment for 8-12 hours/day
• Able to sit at desk, working on computer and phones for a full work day
Education and Experience:
• 2 years Customer service experience
• Call center experience
• Heavy computer and phone use experience
• High School graduate or equivalent
Performant Financial Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Performant Financial Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, political belief status, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
Performant Financial Corporation - 6 months ago