Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspector responsible for the inspection of production and parts- calibration of tools, gauges and wrenches
- Must be able to interpret and inspect GD&T standards
- Experience in receiving inspections & final product inspections
- Experience in manufacturing production inspection & failure analysis
- Inspect all product and assemblies to Standards and Customer Expectations.
- Maintain integrity and consistency during the inspection of all products.
- Maintain continuous communication between Supply Chain, Quality Control and Customer Service.
- Provide continuous feedback to production as to adherence to workmanship standards.
- Quality Issues must be escalated as required in an effort to meet customer satisfaction.
- Function as the ‘gate' for all product entering and or leaving the facility.
- All non-conforming products entering the building must immediately be rejected.
- All non-conforming products leaving the building must be contained and corrected so it leaves correct.
- Identify any holes or gaps within the system as identified in an effort to strengthen the Quality Control Department.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gauges and test rigs.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and inspection instructions.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and to follow written instructions and techniques.
- Good basic mathematical aptitude required.
- Performs in-process inspections on most types of fabrication, welding and assembly of pressure vessels, piping, structural steel and process/compressor equipment
- Interprets drawings, customer specifications and standards of moderate complexity
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Addresses quality issues related to non-conforming material or components, and obtain timely disposition in order to maintain production flow
- Maintains an attitude conducive to progress through positive change, continuous improvement, and an active contribution to the teamwork concepts
Required Skills or Tools:
- Visual Inspection training a plus \
- Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, ASNT, ASTM, AWS, NACE, API, ASIC and SSPC national codes a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school (preferred)
- 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Our core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define our culture. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. Perhaps you should be the next among us.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work with the team in developing and implementing improved work processes for the department
- This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely illustrative of the current requirements of the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Exterran - 24 months ago
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...