Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Determine trends and create reports reviewing complaints against the police, police misconduct, police actions and other related activities by collecting and analyzing a variety of documentation including citizen police complaints, crime reports and Use of Force reports; and perform a wide variety of administrative and professional tasks in support of assigned area of responsibility.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, public administration, mathematics/statistics and/or a related field, plus three (3) years of analysis and research experience.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's License (Class D) by date of hire.
Possession of a valid City Operator's Permit (COP) within 90 days from date of hire.
- Operations, services and activities of analysis programs, including Excel and/or Tableau programs
- Operation of data base programs
- Principles and practices of program development and implementation
- Principles of data collection and analysis
- Recent developments, current literature and information related to public safety activity analysis
- Principles, practices, methodologies and techniques of public activity analysis and prevention, law enforcement and police records processing
- Modern office equipment including computers and all Microsoft Office programs
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and safety regulations
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Coordinate police activity analysis support activities
- Perform statistical research and analysis
- Recommend and implement goals and objectives for police activity analysis and research
- Interpret, explain and suggest changes for policies and procedures of the police department, Independent Review Office and Police Oversight Commission
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Respond to requests and inquiries from Independent Review Office and Police Oversight Commission, the City Council, the Mayor's Office and the general public
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the general public
City of Albuquerque - 7 months ago