Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC provides one of the widest ranges of bioanalytical systems for life science and drug discovery research available from a single supplier. Our systems are built on proprietary technology platforms that deliver high performance, flexibility, and reliability. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for innovative systems, tools, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery.
The Commodity Manager is responsible for the negotiation and management of select commodities and for meeting Global Sourcing savings targets as well as serving as an escalation path for delivery, quality, and supplier management issues. The ability to manage multiple complex projects and to develop the supply base to meet corporate and business unit objectives is critical. You must have the ability to evaluate and select new suppliers along with Engineering, Quality and Regulatory to select strategic partners worldwide. Strong understanding of global trade and the need for constant change and identification of emerging technologies.
This position is based in the Molecular Devices, Sunnyvale, CA office, supporting the Sunnyvale Operations and R&D teams. Domestic travel 5% to 20%, international travel possible (Europe and/or Asia).
- Overall strategy and relationship with commodity, subsystem and/or tier 1 suppliers within 1 or more Commodity Categories.
- Manage multiple supplier relationships: New parts; supplier changes; yearly negotiations; pricing and payment terms.
- Ownership of positive relationship between Molecular Devices and suppliers leading to best cost, quality and delivery.
- Knowledgeable of the Life Science industry; supplier business condition; and global supply market trends.
- Understanding & ownership of Supplier Selection Processes.
- Owns the overall Commodity spend and is responsible to secure savings in line with annual objectives.
- Works closely with Product Development on new projects to deliver new supplier relationships, technologies, or co-development solutions.
- Supports operations procurement teams to deploy global sourcing strategy and help resolve parts supply or quality issues.
Danaher Corporation Overview
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience of lean manufacturing, Toyota Production Systems or continuous improvement methods desirable.
- Commercial skills and contracts composition experience.
- Strong analytical skills, use of data to drive decisions.
- 5+ years of Supply Management experience.
- Good negotiator and decision maker.
- Detailed technical and commercial knowledge of commodity category in either: Optics, Electrical Circuit Boards or Plastics (others considered).
- International business and multi-cultural experience.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Awareness of lean tools desirable, examples: 5S, Standard Work, KANBAN, Policy Deployment, Value Stream Management, Visual Management.
- Driven individual with passion for quality and manufacturing great products.
- Balance of strength to drive results, openness to coaching & ability to enlist help from others.
- Bachelors degree or above in Supply Chain, Engineering or Science subject.
Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 66,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2013, we generated $19.1 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website:
Manufacturing / Operations
North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale