Job Title: |
Individual Disability Claims Manager
Develops, maintains, motivates and manages the activities of Individual Disability Claim Professionals to ensure the highest level of service to customers and risk management according to State Compliance and MetLife IDI Customer Service guidelines.
- Reviews claims to ensure compliance with legislative guidelines/established standards and time service standards.
- Anticipates, resolves and responds to claim problems/conflicts or productivity issues.
- Distributes case assignments appropriately to claims staff.
- Develops and executes strategic and operational business plans for the department.
- Develops constructive and cooperative relationships with both internal and external vendors and resources to meet department and organizational goals.
- Monitors industry developments and communicates trends to staff.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of legal issues relative to Individual Disability Income Claims including; State Laws and Insurance Department Regulations and has comprehensive understanding of the litigation process.
- Leads, develops, and manages a team of claims professionals and the use of expert consultants. Interacts effectively with individuals at various levels and departments to achieve effective outcomes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Full people management responsibilities, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development.
- BA/BS Degree Preferred
- 4-5 years Individual Disability Income experience (including coaching and mentoring experience) or up to 10 years Disability Income experience.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 18 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...