The Engineer may have multiple project responsibilities at once. Projects are industrial in nature and a working knowledge of industrial construction environments is preferred. Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update project documentation for the project.
- Have a good understanding of construction document control
- Prepare, transmit and expedite project documentation to the Owner/Architect/Engineer for approval.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule, maintain changes and submit revisions.
- Track and expedite schedules for the delivery of equipment and materials, and assist in their procurement.
- Advise the Superintendent and Project Manager on the compliance of the subcontractors and vendors performance.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owners contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Input weekly quantities and assist in the monthly project performance and profit analysis of the project.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and quotations for extra work.
- Meet with subcontractors and vendors on matters of a technical and contractual nature.
- Assist the Project Manager in bid preparation, subcontractor/vendor solicitation, evaluation and award.
- Assist Project Manager/Superintendent in the efficient control and management of the project.
- Bachelor level degree is required. B.S. Construction Management is a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant construction experience. Industrial experience is preferred.
- 100% Travel is expected as needed and extended stays are likely
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite required; Primavera (P6) and Timberline are a plus
- Any relevant licenses and certifications are a plus
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to work on cross-functional teams as well as independently
Graycor is an Equal Opportunity Employer