Trek Bicycle is seeking a motivated, talented junior designer who is passionate about consumer-centered design. You will be involved in the design and development a range of cycling products in a high energy, creative, multi-disciplinary environment. You'll be challenged to design products that are viable, manufacturable, and valued by riders.
Product designers work alongside a development team and interact engineers, product managers, and graphics to create designs from conceptual sketching all the way through to prototype validations. From there the work continues to help maintain design intent and meet the needs of the customer through to production.
• Awesome at solving complex design problems with elegant solutions
• Good mechanical/structural aptitude and knowledge of various materials and their associated manufacturing processes.
• Sketches like mad - visual communication and form development skills are critical
• Proficient in all phases of product development: ideation, sketching, concept development,
• 3D modeling (solid works), solid understanding of the manufacturing process.
• Self-motivated and ready to forge their own path as the career develops
• 2+ years of post-graduate, professional design experience.
• Bachelor's degree/diploma in Industrial Design or Product Design. • Proficient in SolidWorks modeling.
• Competency in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Digital Sketching - Sketchbook Pro a plus
* Please include portfolio or link to portfolio / website when applying.
Trek Bicycle Corporation - 18 months ago