It is the responsibility of the Electrician to
troubleshoot electrical problems and provide maintenance
of equipment and systems in order to maintain consistent
production requirements according to cGMP regulations
and guidelines. Supports the Safety, Production and
Environmental goals of the site in a safe, efficient and
cost effective manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop and maintain a basic working knowledge of the
National Electrical Code, NFPA 70.
2. Develop and refine the ability to read and interpret
electrical diagrams and schematics.
3. Perform bench and field testing as requested
utilizing electrical/electronic test and measurement
equipment including multimeters, HART communicators,
oscilloscopes, pH meters, light meters, infrared
thermometers, ultrasonic devices, etc.
4. Layout, plan and develop material lists, cost
estimates and install small-scale electrical
circuit/distribution jobs including conduit, wire and
terminal devices/controllers. Cut, bend, thread, install
fittings, pour seal-offs on conduit installations.
5. Disconnect, reconnect and troubleshoot single and
multiphase motor control circuits.
6. Troubleshoot and repair electrical control circuits
including relays, limit switches, potentiometers,
capacitors, inductors, transducers, transmitters,
circuit breakers, programmable logic controllers (PLC),
variable frequency drives (VFD), etc. Perform routine
diagnostics and PM’s on same.
7. Develop and main a working knowledge of the site’s
Grounding & Bonding Policy. Install and verify proper
grounding/bonding in the field.
8. Troubleshoot, repair and install industrial lighting
systems including bulbs, ballasts, photo-eyes, etc.
Relamp all fixtures in both general area lighting
systems and process equipment as needed.
9. Inspect, troubleshoot, repair and install heat
tracing on piping systems and process equipment. Perform
same on circuits and controllers for the heat-traced
10. Properly label all electrical lines/circuits for
electrical distribution and process equipment including
motor control centers (MCC).
11. Research, source and enter information into the
computer system for electrical/electronic devices and
12. Assist Instrument and Electrical Technicians and
Mechanical Technicians as directed.
13. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the
site’s security system, Pegasys. Perform routine PMs and
repairs as needed to maintain system integrity.
14. Perform routine troubleshooting of industrial
heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC)
systems. Perform routine PMs, repairs and filter changes
as needed. Alert supervisor when an outside contractor
is required. Interface with outside contractors for
equipment covered under contract and for emergency
15. Perform routine pH rounds on site systems to ensure
site equipment is reading accurately.
16. Recommend and implement methods to increase the
quality of products and/or service.
· Two year degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
or equivalent preferred
· Applicable work experience in a commercial/industrial
setting equal to five years or more
· Knowledge of various electronic/electrical equipment
including multimeters, communicators, electrical testing
devices, pH meters, infrared thermometers, ultrasonic
· Basic skills sets required include electrical theory,
National Electric Code awareness, and use of electrical
· Knowledge of classification of areas
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
Albany Molecular Research Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization that has been working with the Life...