PURPOSE: To inspect, repair and wire all electrical apparatus, control panels, devices and circuits of any voltage in the plant or assigned area.
EQUIPMENT: Electrical testing instruments, soldering equipment, pipe benders, power The use of outstanding judgment on highly involved and complex jobs hand tools, misc. hand tools, etc.
MATERIALS: All types and sizes of AC and DC motors, transformers, circuit breakers, rectifiers, electronic controls, control panels, starters, switches, lighting equipment, power distribution and control circuits, conduit and fittings, wire and cable, hardware, insulation, solder, repair and replacement parts, etc.
WORKING PROCEDURE: 1. Follows oral instructions or wiring diagrams, specification and instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation, and inspection work to be done.
2. Analyzes all types of drawings and wiring diagrams to locate and install circuits and equipment to determine material or replacement needs and to select a logical approach to "trouble shooting" and repair problems
3. Plans details of working procedure to effect most logical approach to the job.
4. Cosiders all safety precautions and proper isolation of curcuits to cause a minimum of interference to operation.
5. Determines necessary tools and materials.
6. Plans and performs work requiring a thorough working knowledge of electrical principals and wiring specificaitons codes.
7. Locates source of trouble of any type of electrical equipment by tracing and testing circuits and inspecting for faulty operation.
8. Dismantles, inspects, repairs and adjusts or replaces faulty parts and wiring on motors, power distribution and control panels, circuit breakers, rectifiers, electronic devices, etc. Reassembles, tests and adjusts equipment for safe and proper operation. Replaces coils, resistors, rheostats, relays, etc.
9. Adjusts contactors, relays, buss rigging, etc. Reconnects terminal leads, panel boards and distribution feeders.
10. Installs conduit, fittings, switches, controls, fixtures and wires and connects all types of electrical equipment as required for new installations or replacement of facilities. Makes all required splices and connector joints.
11. Updates electrical prints as required.
12. May occasionally perform MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN B work as required.
13. Cleans equipment and work area.
Must be flexible to work shifts and overtime
Ames True Temper - 16 months ago
It could be said that Ames True Temper is at the root of all lawn and garden tool manufacturers in the US. Tracing its history to 1774,...