Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Perform milling, drilling, and grinding functions to cast iron and steel components.
* Troubleshoot and repair relay logic machines and CNC/PLC controlled machines.
* Electrically troubleshoot and repair complex domestic and foreign machine tools and related equipment.
* Successfully completed an approved electrical apprenticeship program or possess a minimum of 3 years experience in the electrical repair of machine tools and related equipment including:
- Okuma, G&L, Mazak, Lamb, Landis (grinders), Waldrich Coburg, Ingersoll, Toyoda, Niles and a variety of others in the machine shop
- P&H cranes and hoists, conveyors, furnaces, washers, ABB robots.
- CNC and PLC controlled equipment with Fanuc, Siemens, Allen Bradley, Modicon, Indramat, and a variety of other controllers on the machines in the machine shop.
- AC/DC analog and digital drives, including Siemens, Allen Bradley, Modicon, Indramat, and various other drives.
- Operate Measurement and feedback scale and encoder systems, including Heidenhain, Inductosyn.
* Must possess basic mechanical skills
* Ability to operate basic tools to complete the job
* Must pass the color blindness test and must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
* Self-starter and self motivated individual who works well individually in a team environment.
* Must be willing to work overtime to support production demands.
* Certified Electrician
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mar 13, 2013, 11:59:59 PM
United States-Indiana-Lafayette-LAFAYETT03-Lafayette IN Mfg B-US
Manufacturing & Supply Chain