Industrial Electrician to maintain state-of-the-art production equipment as well as maintenance, repair and implementation of new equipment and plant building. Shifts are 4-shifts-on, 4-shifts-off, 11 and 1/2 hours per day, most likely on the night shift. A strong work ethic and related experience in a manufacturing environment are required.
Essential Job Functions
1. Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, & upgrade all electrical systems within the plant.
2. Adhere to all safety regulations and report any hazards that may compromise a safe workplace.
3. Be familiar with Allen Bradley systems, VFD's, PLC's hardware and software, AC/DC circuits, 4-20 mA circuits & 440 MCC's, pneumatics, hydraulics, fans, blowers, oven & gas controls
4. The ability to write code & demonstrate a working knowledge of RS Logic will be considered a plus.
5. Work closely with supervision and fellow employees on improvement teams to uncover and implement safety, quality, productivity and cost control advancements.
Essential Job Requirements
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or completion of an equivalent technical training program.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years.
REQUIRED SKILLS: A proven industrial electrical background in manufacturing or a similar metal fabricating environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS: Mechanical Experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, climb, walk, & lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis. Good vision capabilities and good communication skills.
$21.78 per hour; The first 8 hours per shift are at straight pay, the last 3 1/2 hours of each work day is paid at time and half.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Silgan White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.