ClosetMaid, a business unit of Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions, is currently seeking an Industrial Engineer for our Ocala, Florida office.
Analyzes and recommends utilization of production equipment, facilities, and personnel. Develops layouts to promote efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities and equipment. Supports cost reduction and capital spending efforts. Works closely with other departments to increase productivity, quality and efficiency.
Position Duties & Responsibilities: (include but not limited to)
- Supports equipment acquisitions and process improvements through the generation of plant and work area layouts. Maintains facility layout CAD files.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing and warehousing methods. Documents standard rates, crew sizes, and methods by performing physical time studies
- Confers with operations, product management, and design engineering personnel concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods including design for manufacturability
- Develops, recommends and documents changes in processes and procedures. May be required to implement changes that have been recommended
- support online sales order fulfillments process from product picking to staging for parel carriers
- prepares manufacturing bills of materials (BOMs) and cost estimates for new product designs
- develops and maintains packaging guidelines such as pallet configurations and pictorial instruction sheets
- develops and/or reviews proposed engineering changes. Implements approved changes as required
BS Industrial Engineering
Minimum 1-3 years experience
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook
Entry level knowledge of AS400, AutoCAD or SolidEdge , & MS Project
Travel as needed (average 10%)
Additional Company Information
ClosetMaid®, a business unit of Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions (NYSE: EMR), is the worldwide leader in home storage and organization, offering innovative wire and laminate/wood storage systems for use in bedrooms, kitchens, family rooms, laundry rooms, home offices and garages – wherever people need to store and organize their things. Our products are available at home improvement stores, mass merchants, online, and from ClosetMaid Authorized Dealers.
ClosetMaid offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k) and a fully funded pension plan.
Additional Website Information
Emerson - 8 months ago