Responsible for studying and planning operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities where decisions are made within the limits of general practices and policies. Use independent judgment, but can receive some direct guidance from supervisor. Occasional training or assigning of work to a small group of employees.
- Assists in establishing operational methods and work standards using various measurement techniques Analyzes existing operations and proposes cost justified improvements
- Optimizes use of floorspace, materials, personnel and equipment
- Assists in planning new facilities, operations and/or relocation of same
- Provides information for various management systems
- Regular contact with others outside the work group
- Monitors adherence to recommended safety procedures and good housekeeping
- High Level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of work measurement and work standards
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing and assembly processes
- Knowledge of computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred
Education and Training
- Experience in an industrial enviornment
Location: 2238 West Bristol Road, Flint, MI 48553
- Bachelors degree with a major in engineering or equivalent experience
Primary Location: US-MI-Flint
Posting Date : Dec 18, 2012, 1:41:03 PM - Ongoing
General Motors - 2 years ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...