- Plan and prepare production schedules for server and workstation manufacturing; plan monthly production commitments including work-in-process to meet shipment dates; draw up master schedules that establish time limits and sequen ces of manufacturing operations
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff require ments, and production standards
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing c apabilities, and project status
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedure s, and activities
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Planning organizing and assigning and completing tasks in a timely manner; working effectively and accurately under narrow time limitations; ability to work independently in a fast paced dynamic environment; communicating clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; experience with Oracle ERP systems preferred, APICS certification a plus
- An ability to think logically and critically that helps to weigh various available options and take the best decision in favor of efficient production. Quick decision making and excellent time management skills make the person doing industrial engineering jobs, quite resourceful
- The job profile also demands a command on management and administration principles which are the basic tools for resource allocation, production and strategic planning, and; work coordination and delegation
About the Company
- The company offers competitive compensation and benefit programs that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K along with vacation, holidays and sick time.
- Founded in 1979, AMAX ( www.amax.com ) is a trusted leader in Custom Server and Storage Solutions in North America. Headquartered in Fremont, California, AMAX also operates several branch offices throughout North America and worldwide.
- AMAX's expertise drives two key divisions that deliver customized computing solutions to a wide range of industries. AMAX's Appliance Manufacturing Division provides efficient and top-of-the-line manufacturing solutions and global logistics to OEM customers; and AMAX's High Performance Computing Division provides innovative and scalable custom server, workstation, server, and cluster products.