Responsible for developing, analyzing, planning, and implementing supply chain solutions with the goal of improving efficiencies and reducing costs. Directs, plans, and manages distribution projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frames and budget. Lead cross-functional operational and engineering teams without direct reporting influence. Performs the following duties personally or through influence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Develops and manages initiatives to drive improvements and move to world class operations within the supply chain.
• Identifies, recommends and implements improvement opportunities in work methods, procedures, or equipment to increase throughput and/or quality.
• Works with all distribution locations and cross functional teams to ensure process changes are successfully implemented and maintained.
• Assists in development and maintenance of an accurate and effective work measurement system. Assists in developing labor standards for new operations. Continuously monitors standards for accuracy and completes follow-up studies to verify or update standards to reflect current business operations.
• Establish and maintain “Best Methods' for all job functions. Evaluates all work methods and workflow for all functions to ensure they are ergonomically correct.
• Provides distribution locations support in making changes to Red Prairie Labor Management System as necessary to maintain current standards or implement new standards.
• Updates existing documentation to reflect changes in procedures, equipment, or standards.
• Assists distribution locations in hold meetings with supervisors and employees to present changes in procedures, equipment, and/or standards.
• Leads process improvement teams and manages work plans for each phase of the project including time lines, risk management, budget management.
• Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
• Manages process improvement teams to provide technical advice and to resolve issues and problems related to Red Prairie products.
• Submits recommendations for development of and compliance with logistics policies, procedures, and programs.
• Directs compilation and issuance of process improvement timetables.
• Conducts field surveys to evaluate operations and recommends changes.
• Prepares recommendations for senior management evaluation
• Prepares documentation, including SOP development / modification for assigned process improvement projects
• In-depth knowledge of distribution and transportation processes
• Proven process improvement experience (3-5 years for an engineer level)
• Effective communicator and ability to manage through influence.
• Proven ability to achieve results.
• Proven ability to manage process improvement teams on time and budget.
• Strong team builder in working cross functionally.
• Lean Six sigma experience a plus.
• PMI certifications a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, business or another related area (5 years field experience for an engineer)
Advance Auto Parts - 13 months ago
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (Advance) operates within the United States automotive aftermarket industry, which includes replacement parts...