When Joe Albertson opened his first grocery store in Boise, Idaho, in 1939, he called it “Idaho’s largest and finest food store.” Joe was innovative. From the beginning, his philosophy was to “Give the customer the merchandise they want, at a price they can afford, complete with lots of tender, loving care.”
Today, AB Acquisition LLC operates Acme, Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Shaws & Star Market stores, and is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The company is privately owned and operates over 1,000 stores and 12 distribution centers in twenty nine states and employs approximately 109,000 associates.
This is where you come in. Join the exciting, fast-paced environment of Albertsons Distribution. Albertsons offers career opportunities to talented people with the determination to make a difference for our customer. At Albertsons, there's something exciting and fulfilling about the work, the Company, and especially the people. Not only does Albertsons offer a comprehensive benefits package, it’s also a unique workplace where opportunities abound.
Albertson's Distribution - Western Region
Where would you like to be? This position will be based in either one of the Western Region Albertsons Distribution Centers located in Brea / Irvine, California, Salt Lake City, Utah or Portland, Oregon.
To improve efficiency, reduce costs, and increase productivity by identifying and implementing optimal changes in methods, procedures, equipment, and systems.
- Develop, implement and manage Engineered Labor Standards in a union environment
- Successfully defend labor standard implementations in arbitrations
- Evaluates methods and processes of distribution operations to determine most cost efficient processes which meet financial goals. Based on results, make recommendations to achieve goal of reducing distribution costs.
- Makes field inspections and investigations by gathering data for engineering studies which relate to proper utilization of company labor, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Communicates with appropriate company personnel and others as required regarding industrial engineering projects and studies.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations and proposals to company management.
- Assists in developing and implementing performance measurement initiatives.
- Assists in gathering data for financial and operational benchmarks by working closely with appropriate company personnel and others as required.
- Studies functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as supply chain costs, process flow charts, and distribution schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Confers with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- 5+ years relevant work experience required, may act as Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent related discipline.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Work is performed in an office and warehouse environment.
- May sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- May use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Company-wide travel, up to 50%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
ALBERTSONS LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER