Job Category: Distribution Center
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for but not limited to:
Supporting a Highly Automated Retail Distribution Center – This individual will play a key role in driving improved productivity and cost effectiveness by recommending and implementing changes to improve the performance of systems and people, increase utilization of labor and other resources while maintaining or improving safety, quality and customer service. The position reports to the Director of Industrial Engineering and will closely coordinate work with the local DC Director. Individual may also be called upon to support other Distribution Centers within the network as required.
• Provide engineering support for the establishment and maintenance of accurate labor standards where applicable. Maintain complete documentation and perform all scheduled audits and necessary maintenance to assure accuracy.
• Improve work methods through Lean or equivalent techniques (Reducing steps, travel, non-value added time, deploying best practices, work simplification, waste elimination, staff planning and balancing, etc.)
• Optimize material flow - Travel reduction, Process balancing, optimizing storage utilization.
• Provide Operations team with necessary support and guidance for improving utilization of resources (Direct and Indirect Labor, equipment, etc.)
• Provide technical support and guidance for optimizing a highly automated material handling system (configuration, improved capacity, efficiency).
• Work with local team, automation vendors, etc. to provide best solutions to root causes of issues, proper implementation and ensure follow-up.
• Analyze automation system performance as compared to design, and help identify factors that affect performance.
• Monitor actual system demand vs. design limits to anticipate issues and plan contingencies.
• Work with Facility Services Mgr. and automation vendors to monitor and control replacement parts costs.
• Work with operations to effectively staff, balance and schedule workforce in order to optimize system utilization and meet customer requirements.
• Support all performance management initiatives.
• Provide guidance and support for cost reduction projects.
• Assist team by identifying and helping to removing barriers to higher performance.
• Perform other related duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
Required Qualifications for the Industrial Engineer Position: BSIE or equivalent engineering degree. Labor standards system and standard development experience. Performance Management experience Capital expenditure justification and working knowledge of engineering economics. Minimum 3 years in a distribution environment. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively on a variety of technical, IT, system related topics, with colleagues, vendors, technicians, etc. Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Access, Power Point and MS Project. Experience with complex warehouse management systems, warehouse control systems, warehouse automation. Preferred Qualifications:
Preferred Qualifications for the Industrial Engineer Position: Cognos experience a plus. ISO 9001 / 2000 experience, Kaizen, or LEAN a plus. Education:
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Caremark - 13 months ago
Senior Project Manager
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
Vero Beach, FL
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
- 30+ days ago
CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with integrated...