Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant by performing the following duties.
Summary of essential job functions
• Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
• Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and work flow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
• Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
• Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Education and/or experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology
from four-year college or university, work experience in related field preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily:
• Ability to read analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MicroSoft Office to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, & Outlook; Design software; Internet software; and Manufacturing software.
Cameron - 12 months ago
Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry equipment,...