Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) has an opening for an Industrial Engineer for our manufacturing plant in our Corona, CA location.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing Industrial Engineering and SAP system support and guidance to all aspects in the manufacturing process; thru the utilization of Industrial Engineering techniques to achieve the most optimum manufacturing process. You will develop and maintain engineered labor standards and analyze current operations for continuous process improvement opportunities. You will also analyze operational data such as volume forecasts, production and delivery schedules, process flow, storage utilization, safety stock, and transportation costs to optimize inventory levels.
- Responsible for the creation, revision, modification, and maintenance of: Material Master Data, BoM, Routings, COst Standards, Labor Standards, Engineering Changes, Quotation, and Budgeting,
- Perform process and method improvement
- Perform motion and time study
- Creation, validation and maintenance of Operational Charts
- Development and validation of ROI calculations
- Develop process work flow and facility layout using Auto CAD
- React to change productively, and perform other essential duties as assigned
- Direct responsibility to maintain and update the assets in the plant (the assets book)
- Direct responsibility to update and maintain Plant Layout
- Lean and operational excellence experience (Value stream mapping, Kaizen, 5S, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering or similar
- 4+ years in Industrial Engineering field
- Must be proficient in Auto CAD and/or Solid works
- High level of proficiency in the use of MS-Office
- Understand bill of material and indented structure
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Experience with SAP and able to demonstrate that knowledge
- Able to and knowledgeable on leading projects
- Ability in problem solving and analytical technique in production issues and improvements
- Ability to be accurate and detail oriented and to complete tasks and assignments efficiently
- High integrity and work ethics
- Bilingual a plus
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, Takamine®, Guild®, EVH®, Ovation®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com .
KMCMusicorp, a division of FMIC, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of musical instruments, accessories and stage lighting equipment, whose brands include Gretsch® Drums, Gibraltar® Hardware, Latin Percussion®, Toca® Percussion, Sabian® cymbals and MBT™ Lighting, among others. For more information, visit www.kmcmusicorp.com .
FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.