The Senior Industrial Engineer is responsible for supporting and leading process management and improvement in all areas of operations including the warehouse, manufacturing and office. This includes the development and implementation of technical solutions, equipment and overall optimization of space, equipment and manpower to meet new or changed processing requirements. This is a “hands-on”, “roll-up your shirt sleeves” position that will lead mid-level to complex projects, provide guidance to less senior engineers and be adept at team education, training and facilitation. The incumbent should look forward to spending considerable time on the floor in operations and directly interfacing w/supervision and associates as well as senior operations management. If you enjoy a challenging work environment where you can make a real contribution this is a position you should consider.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the implementation of the Kuehne-Nagel Production System (KNPS) in all areas of the operation.
- Utilize the principles, methods and tools of Lean-Six Sigma to identify areas for time and cost savings, participate in improvement projects and implement solutions. Develop baselines and track over-all savings
- Analyze appropriateness of current technology and make equipment recommendations.
- Develop process flow and vsm analyses to capture current operations and identify process improvements; support and facilitate Kaizen and 6S events and process improvement teams
- Support production and staff planning, line balancing and capacity analysis.
- Conduct manpower studies to determine labor standards.
- Review storage utilization and suggest re-layouts.
- Review labor performance, reporting methods, systems and procedures.
- Produce and maintain CAD layouts to allow for a detailed engineering analysis.
- Coordinate with management, suppliers, contractors concerning procedures, purchases and specifications
Skills and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- LEAN-Six Sigma Green Belt certification required and Black Belt certification preferred
- MBA or MS Industrial Engineering or related field preferred
- 5+ years relevant work experience
o LEAN-Six Sigma and related methodologies a plus
o Facility and operations design
o Work measurement methodologies and tools (MOST, MTM, etc)
o Process measurement and analysis including SPC and Cpk
o Statistical analysis software such as Minitab or Qimacros
o Warehouse management, inventory management, manufacturing execution systems
o Process optimization utilizing computer simulation
o Team facilitation, education and training
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Visio, MS Projects and AutoCAD
- Experience in manufacturing and distribution-warehousing preferred
- Good statistical analysis acumen
- Excellent written/oral communication skills as wells as presentation and team facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working Environment: Office, warehouse and/or manufacturing
Pre-employment background screening
Kuehne & Nagel Logistics - 21 months ago
With more than 63,000 employees at over a 1,000 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s...