Level of Role
Number of Reports
0 direct; 0-3 indirect
Purpose of Role
Primary objective is to provide analysis and support for the SBU under the direction of the Engineering Director to drive overall excellence in customer service and value within a SBU product segment. The position will identify and evaluate financial opportunities and recommend solutions that will drive overall pipeline effectiveness and continuous improvement. The position will also drive timely implementation of these and other initiatives at plants and across segment production lines. Primary interface is with the Engineering Director, Project Engineers, Activity Managers, Site Managers, R&D, Franchise, and other functional business areas as required in plants and National Office.
Critical Mars Leadership Capabilities
- SBU Segment Growth/Profit Strategy (1-2 Year Horizon)
- Assist in analysis of new ideas for feasibility and financial viability
- Assist in evaluation of customization requests
- Monitor performance and timing of relevant items through Change Management
- Process to ensure timely flow and accomplishment of planned production dates
- Small Business Unit Segment Supply Strategies (1-2 Year Horizon)
- Develop CAB activities to facilitate growth
- Evaluate future capacity needs and propose amount and timing of capacity additions
- Maintain tight and timely communication links to and from the plants
- Recommend and implement tools to monitor and optimize supply performance
- Maintain accurate catalogue of process, product and packaging capabilities relevant to leveraging existing platforms for growth
- Identify and recommend methods to alleviate constraints on equipment and output
- Assist in tactical capacity and utilization scenarios
- Analysis of in-house vs. contracted manufacturing
- Coordinate with plants and operations planners to address short term supply risks
- In partnership with finance and Engineering Director, develop and follow Capital Projects to ensure timely approval
- Provide Project Engineers with target line metrics for capital installations
- Assist plants in developing and monitoring project start-up curves
- Provide input to A30/A31 Reports
- In cooperation with finance, track COGS progress and project timelines
Key Supporting Competencies
- Delivers Consistent Results
- Creates Collaborative Relationships
Corporate Capital Management Processes
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Building Effective Teams
- Integrity and Trust
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Drive for Results
- Business Financials & Performance
- Supply Chain Management
- Production Processes
- A minimum of 2 years experience in one of the following areas: Operations Line Manager and/or Site Industrial Engineer and/or Project Engineer
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business Management, Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare US offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Petcare US is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
In 2014, Mars Inc will become a tobacco-free workplace.
Mars - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...