The site Op-Ex Leader is a member of that site’s leadership team. He/she will partner with the DC manager in order to develop the site’s Op-Ex journey and action plan, and then will coordinate the successful execution of that plan. The Op-Ex leader at a plant is often viewed as the right hand person for the plant or site manager in coordinating the building of Op-Ex capabilities and in ensuring the development and execution of productivity and cost improvement plans. While this role reports directly to the site leader, the Op-Ex leader will report on dotted line basis to the central NBTY Op-Ex group, who provide overall direction on the priorities to be worked on. The central Op-Ex group will also depend on the site level Op-Ex leaders as part of a matrix organization to work on projects beyond their immediate site as needed in order to support the total NBTY corporate Op-Ex plans
1. Develop Master Operating Plans – facility design, job setup, work forecasting, workforce planning, facility capacity analysis.
2. Operations Improvement Projects – With input from site management develop improvement projects (ROI driven) that support site KPIs
3. Work Methods and Time Measurement Studies – Lead the development and implementation of standard work and daily management system (DMS).
4. Contingency Planning
5. Training – support corporate op ex initiatives
6. Ownership of DC scorecard - data capture, accuracy, and timeliness
7. Daily Direction Setting (DDS) – implement (as needed) and maintain DDS tools (boards, meetings, etc.)
- 2 – 5 year’s experience in warehouse / logistics / transportation as operational excellence leader / industrial engineer
- Hands on experience using modern operational excellence / continuous improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, 6 Sigma, TQM, ect)
- Operations experience a plus
Education - Certification - Licenses & Registrations:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BE) in a Logistics or Industrial Engineering.
- Six Sigma a plus
- High level of organization skills
- Candidate must be able to communicate (written and verbal) and sell ideas to all levels of DC organization
- Ability to work independent and meet deadlines
- Work measurement, Analytics
- MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel (can be up to 10%).
NBTY, Inc. manufactures, markets, distributes, and retails vitamins, nutritional supplements, and related products in the United States and...