The Manufacturing/Production Engineer will be responsible for total production, formulation, warehousing and packaging of the company's product. Responsible for the Supply Chain Management database, Lean Manufacturing and Production controls. Implement Quality systems and cost reduction standards.
Knowledge and Experience
. BS in Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Maintenance Technical degree
. Must be organized, have good communication skills, and be skilled at multi-tasking.
. Working knowledge of production equipment and processes. Specifically liquid blending, filling equipment, and packaging equipment.
. Experience with facilities management including building, grounds, electrical, water, HVAC etc.
. Experience with PM programs for the facility and production equipment
. Experience manage small group of maintenance and cleaning employees
. Contractor management including on site safe work review by EH&S
. Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience
. Chemical industry experience is a plus
1. Production equipment maintenance and repair is your number one in priority.
2. Assist with new production processes and or equipment changes needed to increase daily output
3. Recommend new equipment additions that will enhance our abilities
4. Maintain sufficient repair parts from production equipment to limit down time of the production lines.
5. Maintain a routine maintenance schedule that will minimize equipment emergency repairs.
6. Work with EH&S to maintain a safe working environment for our employees and contractors that work on this site.
7. Work with Operations Director to develop annual capital budget plan.
8. Plan and schedule new equipment installation as soon as it arrives for new process
9. Maintain a maintenance log for review monthly with Operations director
10. Building cleaning maintenance management
Nature and Scope
. Incumbent will work directly for Operations Director and will exercise independent action managing distribution with concurrence of the Site manager.
- Work Environment (Extent of Interaction with Supervisor(s) for Approval, Concurrence, Resolution, etc.)
. The incumbent is responsible for decisions on maintenance employee assignments and contractors working on site with concurrence from Operations Director.
. Production Manager works in collaboration with Production Manager, Production planner and distribution Manager.
Flexible shipping schedule capable of fast changes when necessary to meet customer demands.
- Business Environment (Economic or technological conditions dealt with on a regular basis)
Nature and Scope
This position is critical to manage production equipment allowing production to meet our customer's high expectations of quality product and on time deliveries.
Internal and External Relationships
. The maintenance Manager interacts daily with Safety Manager, Production Manager, and Distribution Manager.
. Interaction with Operations Director.
Strategis Staffing - 17 months ago