Industrial Engineer (Job Number: 011325) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for managing projects, installation of systems and equipment, testing and monitoring equipment, and training employees on systems. Responsible for improving processes and reducing operating costs and accountable for maintaining ROI.
- Manages development, implementation, and coordination of projects through schedule review, financial analysis and design/status meetings. Executes the annual capital budget (with responsibility in the multimillion dollar range), including development of cost justifications. Responsible for the development of engineered solutions to maximize team member productivity and operational efficiency in all areas of the supply chain. Achieves these goals through the utilization of lean manufacturing and other Industrial Engineering methods to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the installation of systems and equipment, testing and monitoring equipment and training employees on systems. Works with suppliers on developing schedules for installation, maintenance, etc Maintains accountability for return on investment analyses, and ensures that our associates and implemented systems are meeting our design goals as it relates to safety, quality and efficiency.
- Coordinates with field management staff on project implementation and priorities. Responsible for coordinating cross divisionally to align and achieve project objectives.
- Meets with vendors as part of equipment procurement process and system design.
- Negotiates and reviews pending contracts.
- Reviews building and equipment design to coordinate integration between the different components, and develop solutions to eliminate conflicts and reduce costs.
- Contributes to the Engineering team by to mentoring and coaching engineers in training.
- Develops facility designs and innovative solutions to increase efficiency and resolve operational problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and at least 2 years of experience with Manufacturing, Pharmacy or Distribution material handling systems.
- Willing to travel at least 60% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience with work measurement, time studies and standard work (developing of a standard work process and implementation of that process).
- Knowledge of engineering and industry concepts and trends that will increase efficiency and resolve operational problems.
- At least 2 years logistics experience.
- Experience with distribution center productivity and quality improvement .
- Experience developing facility designs and material handing solutions.
- Experience running statistical analyses such as SPC (statistical process control).
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma processes.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience leading cross functional teams in project development and process improvements.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
Walgreens - 21 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...