Position is available in June for 160 hours
Application Deadline: 5/19/13
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
One of the fastest growing companies in America, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. brings exceptional beverages and innovative technology to market with brands like Keurig®, Tully’s Coffee®, Timothy’s World Coffee®, Diedrich®, and Van Houtte®. A collaborative environment of shared ideas and ideals sets GMCR apart. As a team united for a common good, our dedication to our products and people is matched only by our unwavering commitment to our local and global communities.
The Industrial Engineering co-op student position is primarily responsible for working with and assisting the plant engineering team on various continuous improvement and capital projects.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist plant engineering in increasing uptime and product quality through value engineering.
- Drive production efficiency gains through data-driven decision making.
- Create and edit various CAD drawings
- Participate in plant rapid improvement events
- Run and maintain machine data reports
- Create and edit standard operating procedures
- Utilize statistical data analysis of critical process indicators where possible.
- Strong hands-on focus and presence on manufacturing floor with Production Teams.
- Identify opportunities for enacting standard work procedures and Job Instruction.
- Assist plant engineering with various construction and capital projects as assigned.
- Responsibility to report food safety, quality and regulatory compliance to plant or division personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the engineering department
- Performs other duties as requested by management
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university in strong academic standing.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs like Excel, MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
- Ability to work hours outside of routine schedule as necessary and travel occasionally.
- Must work effectively with teams, communicating and participating in a constructive manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and web research.
- This role requires effective time management skills including: multi-tasking, prioritizing projects/requests, meeting deadlines and managing expectations.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Motivated to learn new skills.
Depending on the position for which you are applying, offers of employment made by the company are contingent upon satisfactory completion of one or all of the following: a background investigation, reference check, credit report and a basic pre-employment medical examination to determine whether you are able to perform the essential functions of your position, with or without reasonable accommodation. You may also be required to take a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and your offer of employment is contingent upon the successful passage of that test. Details regarding the drug and alcohol test shall be provided to you under separate cover and you will be required to provide a signed acknowledgement of receipt of GMCR’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy. In addition, as a condition of employment, the company is required, under current federal regulations to certify the legal status of all employees. All employment at GMCR is contingent upon the employee presenting and maintaining authorization to work in the United States. Therefore, on your first day of employment, it will be important that you provide documentation proving both your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (~50% of the workday)
- Some time spent in the manufacturing and distribution environment measuring, evaluating, and implementing. (~50% of the workday).
GMCR is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 7 months ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...