Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform asbestos & lead sampling in industrial settings.
- Perform personal and area sampling of dusts, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- Perform personal noise dosimetry, sound pressure level, and radiation surveys.
- Ensure proper collection, preservation, and shipment of all samples.
- Accurately complete chain of custody forms for all sampled media.
- Provide accurate and timely preliminary reports.
- Monitor work sites and personnel using technical instrumentation to gather data for analysis.
- Maintain Industrial Hygiene and Safety databases and inventories
- Assist in the development of industrial hygiene instructions, procedures, and protocols for work place and personnel monitoring.
- Ensure company instrumentation is in good working order at all times and annual factory calibrations are maintained.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- AA or BS Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene or similar science.
- Ability to possess Industrial Hygiene certifications, i.e. CSST, CIH, or CAC.
- Current and valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate professionally and effectively with employees and managers. Must possess the ability to write simple correspondence or reports.
- Must possess the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees and/or managers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Safety Management Systems - 9 months ago