VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, energetic and pragmatic individual who welcomes the challenge of working within the Air Quality Services division as an Industrial Hygiene Technician in our Weymouth, MA office. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals!
The Industrial Hygiene Technician we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff to assess Asbestos, Lead, Mold and Safety, as well as provided field oversight and technical support on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
- Conduct Asbestos Surveys
- Conduct Regulated Materials/Universal Waste Surveys
- Conduct Water Intrusion/Mold Assessments
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Write summary reports for senior review
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner
- Experience in the execution of Asbestos Surveys, Regulated Material/Universal Waste Surveys, and Mold Assessments
- Frequent travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
- Seek opportunities to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from Senior Managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or related environmental field experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of two years experience in technical activities directly related to asbestos and mold assessments, including report writing and field investigation
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Position requires AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector Certification (Mass. Asbestos Inspector License a plus)
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120
For consideration, please submit your application at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2171391
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a positive corporate culture. For more information about the Vertex team, please visit our website at vertexeng.com .