Zachry Industrial, Inc. (ZII), based, in San Antonio, TX, is a family-owned, privately held company dedicated to the planning, building, and renewing of emerging energy, power, cement, refining, and pulp and paper facilities. As an industrial engineering, construction, and maintenance provider, we pride ourselves on a nearly 85-year history that has led to more than 6,000 completed projects in the United States and abroad.
As the largest direct-hire, merit shop contractor in the United States, we realize our most important asset is our people – which is why safety remains our highest priority and most important corporate value. Zachry Industrial, Inc. is a business base in trust, integrity, service, and commitment to our customers and employees. We know that it takes a collaborative, practical and visionary force of people to achieve the Zachry standard.
Zachry Industrial, Inc. is currently seeking an Industrial Hygienist Summer Intern to work in the Safety department located in San Antonio, TX. The intern will participate in Focus Audits at the field level.
- Utilize experience and skills to evaluate health and safety related topics for compliance as assigned by team leader.
- Attend Monthly Field Safety Leadership meeting and interact with key safety professionals within the organization.
- Spend 2 to 3 weeks on a construction and/or maintenance project to get a sense of the expectations of the site safety department personnel and the day-to-day safety activities required to maintain a high level safety culture.
- Provide input on what could be enhanced to bring more value to the program.
- Percentage of travel required: 80%
- Students currently working towards obtaining an undergraduate degree in Health & Safety or equivalent from an accredited University.
Zachry Industrial Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The Zachry Engineering Intern Program runs from May 28th thru August 9th.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college and be classified as a Junior or higher.
- The position is 40 hrs. /week.
- Pay rate: Competitive
Zachry - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Zachry plans, builds, and maintains major facilities in the power, cement, and nuclear sectors. The holding company for Zachry Engineering,...