Location: Northern Virginia
· Five to ten years of related work experience.
· 40 hour HAZWOPER training, medical clearance to wear a respirator and PCB Caulk Awareness training
· Training that covers the following areas:
o 40 CFR 761.62
o PCB health effects
o Respiratory protection for PCBs
o Personal protection equipment for PCBs
o Removal methods to minimize and control hazardous dust
o PCB bulk product waste disposal
o PCB decontamination
o The occupational protection regulation for contractors ( http://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_General_Facts/ppe-factsheet.pdf )
· Top Secret Clearance preferred
· Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Project Monitor Certificate with experience preferred
· Five years of experience in monitoring asbestos abatement, lead abatement or similar projects is preferred, but not required
Key Role/Position Description:
The Project focus is removal of caulk containing PCBs from concrete joints on the façade of the Original Headquarters Building (OHB) and removal of sections of concrete that may contain PCBs.
· Monitor removal of PCB containing caulk from the OHB façade
· Ensure that all aspects of the removal project comply with applicable law and regulations
· Observe, monitor, and record the activities of the PCB caulk removal contractor
· Ensure that proper work practices are used
· Collect environmental air samples during the project
· Perform visual inspections of the work area
· Grant final clearance upon completion of each phase of the PCB caulk removal project
Work hours must be coordinated with the removal contractor. Night time and weekends will be required for various phases of the project. At times the work may require coverage 24 hours/day, 7 days/week; average 60 hours/week.
Applicants must state in their applications whether they have current security clearance specified. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Preference will be given to candidates living in the proximity of the work location.
Please include salary history/requirements when responding. The Louis Berger Group, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including Medical & Dental plans, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plan, Dependent Care, 401K with match, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Interested candidates should apply on line using the following link http://www.louisberger.com/resume/res_form/res_form.php
Our system works best with Word 2003 .doc or .rtf version of your resume. Windows 7 docx format will not upload properly
The Louis Berger Group, Inc - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -