Guida's Dairy located at 433 Park St. New Britain CT is looking for a 2nd shift maintenance mechanic.
Perform preventative maintenance on all plant equipment, machinery and buildings. Keeps the Facility running in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES under the direction of Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor:
Maintain,repair and rebuild mechanical and electrical equipment and machinery
Addresses work orders for repairs and maintenance. Determines the nature of the problem and makes needed repairs.
Monitors Boiler, ammonia refrigeration and plant air systems.
Makes daily rounds. Logs data as required.
Works and communicates with the Purchasing Agents to ensure needed parts are ordered and proper inventories are in place.
Perform all duties to ensure a safe sanitary and efficient operation.
Keeps all maintenance and production areas in good order. understands the importance of good housekeeping.
Assist other Maintenance Mechanics in accomplishing all assigned tasks. Provide direction and training if needed.
Must have own basic tools.
Follow all GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices) and work in a manner consistent with all Corporate and Regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
Perform any duty necessary for a safe, sanitary and efficient operation.
- Must be able to work from 3PM-1130 PM shift, with occasional Saturdays.
- Must be flexible to work other shifts and other days off when needed.
- Must be able to stand and be on feet for up to 8-12 hours.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to use simple math, adding, subtracting, multiplication and division.
- Ability to take measurements.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems without supervision.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- 2 years in a food processing or manufacturing environment.
- Basic Electrical skills
- Has a basic knowledge of welding, metal fabrication and plumbing. TIG,sanitary stainless steel pipe (purge welding).
- Must be able to understand and troubleshoot mechanical equipment and machinery.
- Ability to complete special assignments.
- Ability to work closely with fellow Mechanics and Production personnel to ensure that all jobs and assignments are completed in a safe and proper way.
- Ammonia refrigeration knowledge.
Guida's Milk - 18 months ago
Guida's tells you up front what they do best: Milk & Ice Cream. And while that's true, the company also distributes other...