Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We are now accepting applications for an Industrial Power Systems Application Engineer.
This position is primarily a marketing and business development role that initiates and builds working relationships. Product focus includes industrial power generation systems interfacing with utility power. The Industrial Power Systems Application Engineer will be the interface between Cummins Crosspoint and electrical engineering firms and electrical contractors that consult directly with potential end user customers to encourage them to specify Cummins products.
· Lead developing strategies that encourage engineering firms to specify Cummins Power Generation products and improve market penetration.
· Develop and monitor key performance measures that objectively gauge impact of programs and strategies.
· Initiate and maintain direct personal contact with major engineering firms to ensure appropriate, productive focus.
· Present product competitive advantages to engineering firms.
· Assist engineering firms in system design recommendations.
· Provide engineering support services to engineering firms in application and installation of Gensets, paralleling systems, and related equipment.
· Attend training sessions to obtain appropriate knowledge of role and to fully understand and execute the Crosspoint Pledge of Excellence.
· Utilize various software platforms including but not limited to MS Office, BMS, CPG Power Suite, Gensize, Cummins Order Status, and Lotus Notes to manage project logistics and schedules. Utilize Auto Cad and other specialized software applications.
· Develop strategic plans for new market penetration.
· A four year degree in electrical engineering or equivalent with 10 years of related experience.
· Knowledge of or experience in electrical construction and/or installations and standard practice, specifically power generation applications.
· Successful designer of electrical and electronic systems.
· Proficient in electrical systems troubleshooting.
· In depth knowledge of switchgear, switchboards, relays, low and medium voltage utility service, transformers, metering, building management systems and UPS’.
· Knowledge of utility power transfer schemes for mission critical facilities, PLC and control systems.
· Knowledge of Data Center and Healthcare emergency power schemes.
· Highly motivated, analytical, superior interpersonal, and leadership skills.
· Possess well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal. Exhibits professional attitude and demeanor at all times. Is an active listener.
· Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
We offer excellent benefits for our employees. Benefits include:
· 401K with employer match
· Continued training/education with tuition assistance
· Paid vacation/holidays/uniforms
· A competitive wage and much more.
We offer a growth opportunity for those who are willing to learn and develop their skills.
If interested, please apply online now.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC participates in E-Verify
Cummins Crosspoint - 10 months ago