Roquette, a privately held, family-owned business, ranks high amongst the world's leading producers of starch derivatives and is the largest producer of polyols in the world. Since its foundation in 1933, Roquette's development has been based on long term industrial strategy and an on-going drive to innovation and customer service. Employing 6,000 people, production facilities are located in Europe, the USA and Asia and specialize in the processing of agricultural raw materials. The company markets over 650 products in more than 100 countries, backed up by its global network of subsidiaries and agents. Key markets include Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical, Industrial, Fermentation and Animal Nutrition.
Roquette America is a wholly owned subsidiary of its parent company, Roquette Frères, and is also privately held. In the US, the company employs approximately 650 employees at two manufacturing facilities: Keokuk, Iowa (US HQ) and Gurnee, Illinois, and their business development office in Geneva, Illinois.
The Industrial Purchasing Project Coordinator will manage a multi-million dollar purchasing budget for Electrical Capital Projects (including the revamp of current electrical infrastructure projects), Maintenance/ Repair/ Operations (MRO) Stores, and Maintenance. The successful incumbent will locate suppliers, compare product, and negotiate pricing, terms and conditions and external contracted labor for Capital Projects, MRO Stores, and Maintenance; act as the Purchasing expert in procurement and other related activities for Electrical Capital Projects, Electrical Capital Equipment, and MRO supplies; oversee the purchase of specific equipment and labor for Capital Projects and MRO Stores in conjunction with domestic and global objectives; oversee related budgeting and control financial expenditures; and ensure Purchasing functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures. This position requires minimal travel.
- Effectively manage a multi-million dollar purchasing budget for Electrical Capital Projects, Capital Equipment and Maintenance.
- Conduct market research to select the best services and suppliers
- Find new domestic and international suppliers that lead to the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Prepare and submit RFQs, and analyze responses
- Negotiate, purchase and complete the requisite contracts associated with the electrical capital projects, equipment and plant external contracted labor needs
- Prepare forecasts by conducting various types of analysis including value, cost/price, make vs. buy or purchase vs. lease, and develops and maintains KPI’s as needed
- Prepare, review and process purchase orders, requisitions, material orders, and invoices
- Collaborate with the purchasing departments at both the Roquette America and Roquette Group level
- Participate on and/or lead cross-functional teams involving representatives from Operations, Engineering and Finance
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with company personnel and management
- Establish and maintain effective business relations with vendors, contractors, consultants and trade professionals
- Ensure the efficient and cost effective administration of Purchasing functions
- BA/BS degree in Business, Purchasing Management, Supply Chain Management, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in multi-million dollar purchasing management in Capital projects
- Minimum 3 years experience in purchasing of high, medium and low voltage electrical equipment in a process oriented industry
- Experience purchasing of capital equipment, spare parts, chemicals, and packaging.
- Experience in SAP Purchasing module generating purchase orders, requisitions and reviewing financial information, strong plus
- Demonstrated strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience being a team player in a cross functional project team environment
- Experience in SAP Purchasing module, strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects effectively; project development experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with computer software programs, including MS Office products
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
The duties, responsibilities, and requirements identified by this posting should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate.
The recruiting process will include a standard interview protocol, which includes multiple interviews with an established team and a formal 20-minute PowerPoint presentation by the candidate. The successful job applicant will be required to submit to and pass a post offer pre-employment physical, which includes a drug test.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Roquette America, the U.S. unit of Roquette Freres (Lestrem, France), started-up a new multimillion-dollar 25,000 sq.-ft. crystalline maltit...