Job Title: Industrial Sr Engineer
Job ID: 316321
Location: Forest Park, Georgia
Email to Friend
Save Job Apply Now
No Thanks Return to Previous Page
Industrial Senior Engineer
Conducts engineering studies and activities relating to all phases of Supply Chain Operations, including lean design, model analysis, systems, space utilization, flow, materials handling systems and equipment.
1. Participates with operations on process and methods improvements to drive operational excellence.
2. Specifies equipment and consults with suppliers on capabilities, lead-times, delivery and installation schedules; reviews supplier bids,
prepares purchase orders and follows up on receipt and delivery problems. Assures that the construction and installation are taking place as scheduled, on budget and according to established specifications.
3. Coordinates with internal and external resources to develop, implement and maintain productivity standards.
4. Conducts analysis of space and equipment utilization. Use industrial engineering skills to research and recommend techniques that will increase space and equipment capacity.
5. Compiles benefit analysis of proposed capital projects including evaluation of methods, ergonomics, equipment layout and design. Provide support to logistics operations including project development and cost savings.
6. Coordinates with Factory Mutual, OHSA and government municipalities to ensure facilities are conforming to all codes and insurance requirements. Provides engineering support to the safety and energy team.
7. Confer with internal and external resources to identify potential issues that could negatively impact the use of the facility.
8. Provides support and give advice in the development facility and corporate wide studies.
Education: Bachelors of Science in Industrial Engineering
Experience: 8+ years in the development and application of engineering techniques and procedures. Experience with distribution centers a plus.
Strong leadership skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Above average drive for results
Strong relationship building skills
Solid knowledge of logistics operations.
Ability to manage multiple $500K+ projects simultaneously
JCPenney - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...