Metal Coaters ® cleans, pre-treats and roll applies organic coatings in a continuous process on hot-dipped galvanized, Galvalume ® , cold-rolled, electro-galvanized and aluminum coil. Pre-painted steel and aluminum coil is used in a wide variety of construction applications such as pre-engineered wall and roof panels, architectural building panels, agricultural wall and roof panels, garage and entry doors, door frames and commercial or manufactured goods such as acoustical ceiling grid, light fixtures, closet hardware, consumer electronics, office furniture and appliances.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment including programmable logic controls (PLC), power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures and OSHA requirements. Utilizes Lock-out/Tag-out procedures and reports unsafe conditions.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical and mechanical equipment and components.
- Responds to the needs of manufacturing in the event of an unplanned electrical failure on the production line.
- Communicates daily with internal personnel from manufacturing and quality control in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals.
- Responsible for the successful and timely completion of projects as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor. Implements and documents changes to plant process control equipment as directed.
- Utilizes the work order system both in entering work orders and in completing work orders as directed.
- Communicates maintenance issues so that repairs may be scheduled.
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the Quality and Environmental Management System.
- Must have minimum of 3 years experience in industrial systems technician.
- Must have electrical knowledge of single phase, three phases, and strong knowledge of PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers).
- Must be able to use a voltmeter and trouble shoot control wiring.
- Must be able to read wiring schematics.
- Knowledge of CAD is helpful but not required
- Industrial Mechanical background
NCI Building Systems - 2 years ago