Who is Teradata? Click
for more information about the world's leading analytic data solutions company.
Senior Industry Consultant should have a blended background of actual Food Service Distribution and Wholesale Grocery Distribution, Logistics, Sales experience plus business consulting experience from a consulting firm with a focus on change and process management. Bachelor Degree required and Master's Degree preferred. Supermarket experience is a plus.
Senior industry consultant should have a minimum of 10+ years' Food Service Distribution / Wholesale Grocery senior management and leadership experience (Director or VP level required) in the Food Service Distribution / Supermarket industry. This experience should include profit and loss accountability by department/division, solving real world supply chain, replenishment, logistics, distribution issues, sales strategy and execution, and leading change in their organization and industry. Candidate must understand how to use data to drive business improvements and have experience in supporting source system analysis, data mapping and logical data modeling. The focus for this role is working with leading Food Service Distribution / Wholesale Grocery companies on demand creation activities, project delivery and solution implementation.
Working with the account team, the Senior Industry Consultant (IC) will leverage their Food Service / Wholesale Grocery industry knowledge and business intelligence and analytics knowledge to promote sales initiatives and support implementation of Teradata data warehouse solutions within major accounts and prospects within theFood Service / Wholesale Grocery industry. The Senior IC has broad knowledge of the Food Service Distribution and Supermarket industry businesses, leverages their experience on use of data within the industry to drive business improvements. The Senior IC articulates and develops collateral on the value of integrated data, models potential return on investment and develops a "trusted advisor" role both internally with account teams and externally with the clients and prospects. The Senior IC establishes or enhances mid-level to executive customer relationships on the business side to ensure long term business partnerships.
An additional responsibility of the Senior IC is supporting business and/or technical implementations post-sale activities by development of project plans, solution definition, requirements documentation, ROI lifecycle management, data/metric validation and mapping, report rationalization and identification of new target application opportunities within our accounts or prospects. The Senior IC develops high quality, client deliverables on Professional Services engagements and oversees the development of the client engagement model for additional services
Daily responsibilities vary by client and project.
Mandatory skills and experience:
The senior business consultant will leverage Food Service Distribution / Wholesale Grocery industry knowledge experience, and executive level client contacts to promote the sale and lead the delivery of data warehousing / analytic business solutions to a specific client in these retail industries. Specialization in supply chain, replenishment, distribution, logistics, sales and the analytics that support each, required.
Things that are a Plus
- Ability to use experience (Food Service Distribution / Wholesale Grocery experience) to provide a consultative approach to business problems using highly developed written, conversational and presentation skills
- Comprehensive implementation experience on customer site to define a solution, build project plans, document detailed business requirements and deliver the project on time and within budget.
- A firm understanding of the business processes and metrics that drive supply chain, replenishment, distribution and logistics success in the Food Service Distribution / Supermarket industry.
- Ability to appropriately problem solve and escalate routine issues or challenges that may arise during an implementation
- A strong understanding of the business benefits, analytics, and the ability to articulate the impact of Information Technology systems that support the Food Service Distribution, Supermarket industries
- High level understanding of data warehousing, business intelligence and advanced analytics including data mapping and modeling methodology
- Ability to link and validate required data to business requirements, rules, metrics, and logical data model
- Relationship building skills with top level executives within the business and technology organizations of a Food Service Distribution/ Wholesale Grocery and Supermarket companies.
- Comfortable with discussing business and industry issues with senior level executives.
- Project importance of making and keeping commitments, sense of urgency, follow through, high energy level and self starter
- Ability to develop business case, including establish, calculate and measure ROI (return on investment)
- Results oriented, whether quantitative or qualitative
- High energy level and sense of urgency
- Expertise in MS Office skills, i.e.. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Change management and/or business process consulting experience
- Understanding of data warehousing, business intelligence and logical data modeling principles and concepts
- Project Management and/or PMI certification
As the lead industry (business) consultant with a complex client, the role will carry a billable utilization target of approximately 600 hours.
- Play lead role on large, complex data warehouse solution implementations, or possibly multiple smaller projects
- Work with Account Executives (and account team) to generate new business
- Understand and document clients' existing business processes, requirements, issues and more to match needs to Teradata business solutions
- Facilitate the development of new strategies and business requirements to be enabled by data warehousing / analytic solutions
- Architect a strategic business solution in support of those strategies
- Provide thought leadership and change management recommendations to clients
- Stay abreast of industry issues and trends to identify target opportunities
- Network with key industry contacts and clients
- Direct other senior and junior business consultants supporting specific projects and during implementations
Key Competencies and Skills:
High Performance Characteristics:
- Respect for Others
- Customer Dedication
- Highest Standards of Integrity
- Commitment to Excellence
- Accountability for Success
- Client Service Oriented - Works to anticipate internal and external client needs. Has an overriding commitment to client satisfaction, developing a 'trusted advisor' role within client organization is critical.
- Innovative and Resourceful - Draws from a large pool of diverse resources or information. Develops new approaches for situations in which standard approaches do not apply.
- Adaptable - Adjusts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change. Accepts and adapts to new or alternative approaches.
1. Consulting skills
2. Presentation & communication skills at the executive level
3. Business acumen and mathematical skills
4. Forward-thinking, visionary
5. Ability to articulate a vision and break it into executable steps
6. Experienced user of large scale data warehouse or decision support solutions
7. Willingness to travel 80%+
8. Familiar with sales tactics
9. Knowledge of consulting competition
10. Issue and conflict resolution
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office, customer site, hotels, and other sites. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel expectation is at least 80% within the USA.
Skills & Attributes
A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter, strategic thinker, work independently and with a team. The candidate must possess the ability to lead advice and advocate for customers.
- 10+ years of senior management experience in the Food Service Distribution/Wholesale Grocery /Supermarket sectors.
- Solving real world industry issues (supply chain, replenishment, distribution and logistics)
- Bachelor Degree
- A firm understanding of the business processes and metrics that drive success in the Food Service Distribution / Wholesale Grocery and Supermarket industry
- Ability to use industry experience to provide a consultative approach to business problems using highly developed written, conversational and presentation skills.
- Ability to discover, calculate and measure ROI (return on investment)
- Ability to execute an implementation project plan on time and on budget
- Business Consulting experience from a consulting firm
- Understanding of data warehousing principles and concepts
- Understanding of business intelligence reporting tools
- Master's Degree
- To find out more about exciting career opportunities at Teradata, visit
Americas Sales & Services
Teradata - 7 months ago
Trillions of bytes of data don't faze Teradata. The company designs and implements enterprise data warehousing systems that store and t...