Put a LIFT in Your Career! NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc. (NMHG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Industry Manager in our facility location in Greenville, North Carolina. NMHG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. As one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry, we have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
NMHG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the organization. This person will be responsible for marketing and growing one of the leading global lift truck brands as well as market the brand at a national level and down to specific industries and customers. This person will market the Hyster or Yale Brand through a dealer network while growing share in key industries through a variety of marketing activities and strategies that support NMHG’s profitable growth. This position is accountable for the analysis and preparation of sales and marketing strategies to grow Market share, brand awareness and brand demand through industry specific activities as an industry expert. The position will develop an Industry Strategy and annual marketing plan that is consistent with the respective brand’s positioning for target markets. The Industry Manager will work closely within their direct line marketing staff to develop communications, dealer programs, advertising communications and marketing initiatives to influence brand consideration set.
Key accountabilities include:
Develop, manage and measure Industry Strategy for target (SIC) markets including annual industry activity marketing plan that is consistent with the respective brand’s (Hyster/Yale/UTILEV) positioning.
Function as the organization expert and resource for target industries through multiple research techniques; collecting and consolidating intrinsic organizational knowledge, first- hand knowledge gained as a participant in application centers, dealer and customer visits. Effectively identify gaps and develop avenues for closure down to four-digit SIC level and produce Industry Strategy documents to be utilized throughout organization.
Develop and execute industry action plans, working with the Marketing team to develop all industry specific marketing activities including sales promotions, dealer programs and customer communications.
Identify product, pricing, distribution and brand promotional strategies and communicate throughout organization as an output of the industry strategy development.
Work closely with the NMHG Brand Marketing Team (NMHG Brand Director, NMHG Brand Communications Manager, Manager of Digital Marketing and Manager of Events and Sales Promotions) to develop, implement and integrate industry marketing activities within regional brand marketing activities
The position will also be assigned developmental projects/activities requiring project ownership across all brands working closely with Director, NMHG Brand Marketing.
The position will play a key role in ongoing communications and coordination with NMHG Sales and Dealer Development teams. Work directly with dealers in support of brand and industry strategy implementation
The position will be the lead brand marketing liaison for select NMHG Services to assist in the development and integration of marketing activities designed to grow overall demand for the brand and it’s products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan with profit sharing.
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 5-7 years analytical and/or marketing experience
- Five plus years of experience working with sales, customers, management and dealers preferably in a capital equipment industry.
- Five plus years demonstrated successful annual business plan development, execution and reporting.
- 5 plus years working in a matrix organization with accountability for project management at multiple levels within the organization.
- Experience developing sales and marketing strategies
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong internal (particularly Sales), dealer and customer relations with a demonstrated ability to execute key marketing initiatives.
- General Business acumen
- Project Management training or experience
- Ability to lead change through peers, internal departments, external resources and management to execute industry and brand strategies.
- Ability to develop and manage annual business plans including status reporting and budget management.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%