We are looking for business research writers and analysts with six months' to two years' experience to work in our New York office. This is a great opportunity to apply your writing and editing skills, economic knowledge and analytical abilities while building a career with an expanding organization. You will conduct ongoing research about various industries in the US, Canada and worldwide, gather and think critically about data, and write industry-specific thematic reports. You may also gain public recognition and media exposure for your work while building a portfolio of industry reports.
Requirements – Experience:
- Research and update high-quality industry reports on deadline and in accordance with in-house editorial standards.
- Collect and interpret diverse data related to multiple industries.
- Analyze macroeconomic, demographic and industry-specific financial data to identify and clearly communicate key business trends.
- Build basic spreadsheet models.
- Make forecasts and projections based on existing industry data.
- Give interviews to journalists about your assigned industries as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Requirements – Skills and Personal Traits:
- Bachelor's degree in business or economics (with a writing background) or bachelor's degree in journalism (with business writing experience) preferred; related experience and degrees considered.
- Six months to two years of professional experience in a writing-focused, market research or business-analytical role.
- Solid grasp of economics, financial terms and business concepts.
- Basic forecasting abilities and understanding of modeling and regression techniques.
- Experience writing business research articles or reports for a business audience.
- Experience meeting short deadlines.
- Familiarity with online research techniques, economic and financial data sources.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to the following link: https://ibisworld.recruiterbox.com/jobs/21129 In your cover letter, please briefly explain how your skills and experience align with the position.
- Excellent writing skills geared toward business reports; ability to be insightful, objective, interesting and succinct in report writing.
- A strong work ethic and good time management.
- Ability to think logically and derive conclusions out of qualitative industry research.
- Confidence to stand behind analysis and ability to explain reports to management, clients and the press.
- Flexibility to effectively deal with unexpected assignments, short deadlines and changes to workload based on management priorities or client requests.
- Openness to constructive criticism and copyediting by editorial staff.
- Strong interest in economic news and current events.
All applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States and be available to work full-time in our New York office.
IBISWorld, the world's leading publisher of global economic and industry research to banking, financial and professional service firms and...