Our team of analysts will work in the heart of the Financial District in the Trump Tower on Wall Street where people are rewarded for personal and team success.
We are looking for business research writers and analysts with six months to two years experience to work in our New York office. This is a great opportunity to apply your writing and editing skills, economic knowledge and analytical abilities while building a career with an expanding organization. You will conduct ongoing research about various industries in the US, Canada and worldwide, gather and think critically about data, and write industry-specific thematic reports. You may also gain public recognition and media exposure for your work while building a portfolio of industry reports.
- Research and update high-quality industry reports on deadline and in accordance with in-house editorial standards.
- Collect and interpret diverse data related to multiple industries.
- Analyze macroeconomic, demographic and industry-specific financial data to identify and clearly communicate key business trends.
- Build basic spreadsheet models.
- Make forecasts and projections based on existing industry data.
- Give interviews to journalists about your assigned industries as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Requirements - Skills and Personal Traits:
All applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States and be available to work full-time in our New York office.
- Excellent writing skills geared toward business reports; ability to be insightful, objective, interesting and succinct in report writing.
- A strong work ethic and good time management.
- Ability to think logically and derive conclusions out of qualitative industry research.
- Confidence to stand behind analysis and ability to explain reports to management, clients and the press.
- Flexibility to effectively deal with unexpected assignments, short deadlines and changes to workload based on management priorities or client requests.
- Openness to constructive criticism and copyediting by editorial staff.
- Strong interest in economic news and current events.
Required experience: 0 - 2 years
Minimum required education: Bachelor's Degree
Job category: Editorial, Writing & Journalism
Doostang - 14 months ago