Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Investigates and monitors known or potential sources of suspected infections in order to determine sources and ensure control.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standard methods and criteria for identifying nosocomial infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients and staff on infection control issues and concerns.
- Collaborates with other members of the team to follow up on exposure incidents.
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams providing input regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains related data, prepares and submits reports.
- Utilizes computerized documentation systems to access relevant patient data.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications include:
- Current RN licensure.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelors Degree in nursing or a related field preferred.
- Strong background in clinical nursing.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards related to hospital infection control.
- Previous experience as an Infection Control Nurse preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...