Directs and coordinates infection control program in the School of Medicine clinics. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Possess knowledge of exposure management procedures, be able to perform TST testing and phlebotomy on a daily basis, educate employees regarding Infection Prevention and Control (IC) principles and policies, hand hygiene, organizational IC goals, flu vaccine, safety engineered devices, audits, and notifiable conditions.
- Function as a resource for all SOM and contracted IC activities including research.
- Conduct new employee IC orientation and provide annual employee, Resident, and faculty training.
- Coordinate and facilitate Infection Control committee and prepare reports on TB testing, exposure management, education, and surveillance activities.
- Work collaboratively with internal stake holders and outside agencies.
- Manage database, have strong computer skills, and communicate effectively in person and on the telephone.
Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program.
Current RN license in the State of Texas or have the ability to transfer your license to Texas.
At least one year of infection control experience and/or training.
- Leadership experience managing personnel and system processes.
- Experience working in the HSC Infection Prevention and Control Office.
- Familiarity with SOM clinical Departments. faculty and personnel.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Hourly Pay Range
20.19 - 35.58
Monthly Pay Range
3500.00 - 6166.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 10 months ago