SUMMARY (BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB)
The IDP Data Technology Manager is responsible for providing ongoing technical management support and data reporting for all IDP grants and contracts at the Infectious Disease Program, oversight of the HIM operations and the EPIC operations. In addition, this individual provides direct supervision for all data entry, HIM and EPIC staff in the IDP.
SUMMARY (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES)
· Manages the reporting of scheduled grant reports and ensures that all statistical reports required by agencies are accurate and are submitted in a timely manner.
· Maintains multiple databases to support clinical financial operations and research for the Infectious Disease Program.
· Provides staff training on CAREWare database as needed, including changes in reporting requirements and software.
· Provides internal technical support for the CAREWare reporting system, including the development, submission, and validation of data imports.
· Maintains a data warehouse for maintaining source data for future use and analysis and perform capacity planning for data storage.
· Re-engineers existing databases using Access or SQL server functionality. Develop queries, macros, and other database tools to improve data reliability. Fine tunes system parameters to optimize performance.
· Establishes, maintains, and revises policies, procedures, and processes designed to ensure the timely and accurate collection of required data needed to substantiate the existing and future grants as required by Federal, State, County, and Local Grantees.
· Coordinates IDP EPIC Support, Revenue, and Operations to maintain a sufficient level of onsite support.
· Assists with the support of local IDP GHS Information Systems and Networks.
· Oversees the HIM (medical records) staff, procedures, and activities.
· Manages the IDP data collection activities and provide required reports, delivery information, and retention, wait time activity, and staff productivity.
· BA/BS Degree
· 3-5 years experience with databases, particularly healthcare-related, report generation, and general information technology
Grady Health System - 13 months ago