The Information Solution Architect provides designs for Business Intelligence (BI), Data Warehouse (DW) and Operational Data Store (ODS) solutions and their related components that are aligned with the Enterprise Information & Data Strategy and Architecture. The Information Solution Architect understands business challenges and translates them into solutions. He works across business/technology teams to ensure alignment between business solution definition and enterprise architecture for the Excellus organization. This position provides vision, leadership, direction, and planning in support of the goals and objectives of the Information Management (IM)/Information Technology (IT) organizations, with a primary focus to design and implementation of enterprise information solutions in a complex enterprise environment. The Information Solution Architect works collaboratively with Chief Data Architect and Director, Information Management.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Designs and develops solution architectures that support the company's corporate business strategy and enterprise information & data strategy, with focus on Data Warehousing, Operational Data Stores and Business Intelligence.
• Responsible for architecting solutions that satisfy business user requirements.
• Leads research, analysis design, and proposals, delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
• Provides thought leadership to envision new ways of leveraging information - Strong influencing and change management skills are critical to success.
• Ensures BI/DW/ODS data architecture standards and governance is consistent and up-to-date
• Leads quality reviews of all projects as they pertain to BI/DW/ODS data architecture standards
• Participates in the migration approval process for all changes to the BI/DW/ODS Data Architecture environment
• Develops and maintains current, personal knowledge and skills on industry and professional trends and activities in Information Technology. Shares learning and coaching experience through knowledge transfers between peers and outside contractors.
• Develops strong relationships with both the business community and the IT/IM organizations and have a deep understanding of current business processes and industry best practices for their subject area.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular reliable attendance is expected and required
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• A BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent relevant IT experience.
• Minimum of 6 years of strong technology implementation experience with at least 3 years in multiple full lifecycle BI/DW/ODS implementations required.
• Must have a strong understanding of what is involved in and how to deliver an end-to-end BI/DW/ODS solution.
• Must have complete lifecycle experience in data warehousing with multiple projects.
• Strong Leadership Role with high levels of user interaction, architecture design, and solution delivery.
• Strong team player with a high level of interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience with Data Warehousing in an Oracle environment.
• Demonstrated experience high performance, real time operational databases including Operational Data Stores
• Demonstrated skills in implementing application and process solutions utilizing a structured SDLC.
• Demonstrated skills in quality principles especially root cause analysis and problem solving.
• Demonstrated business process development skills and strong technical problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated competence in staff leadership/technical leadership, facilitation, and project leadership tasks.
• Strategic vision in alignment with business objectives.
• Ability to interact favorably with internal and external audiences.
• Extensive knowledge of decision support concepts and technology.
• Expertise in structured systems/object-oriented analysis and design, user relations, data gathering techniques, and information systems.
• In-depth knowledge of application delivery, management structures, and reporting procedures.
• Demonstrated experience in integrating enterprise applications.
• Experience with ETL tools such Informatica a plus.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) a plus
• Knowledge of Healthcare Payer industry a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - highly Effective communicator with a strong customer satisfaction orientation.
• Capable of successfully delivering on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and serve as a mentor to other team members.
• Minimum of 5 years of data processing experience.
• Minimum of 3 years System Architecture experience
Level II & III
• Minimum of 10 years data processing experience
• Minimum of 5 years System Architecture experience
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 4 months ago