NOTE: Consideration will be given to candidates residing in Cincinnati, OH.
Monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems and databases as pertains to Cyber Security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, recommends, and implements changes to enhance systems security.
- Educates and communicates security requirements and procedures to all users and new employees.
- Operates under general supervision and has latitude for independent judgment.
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency and may consult with more senior staff pertaining to projects of moderate complexity and scope.
- Ability to interpret logs in the context of security events/intrusions and make accurate conclusions
- Thorough understanding of multiple platform Operating Systems
- Ability to use networking tools, system tools and logs to synthesize intrusions and enumerate indicators of potential intrusions
- Thorough understanding of computer security incident response methodologies
- Experience managing an investigation; understanding the methodologies for investigative triage, case/investigation definition, etc.
- Experience conducting investigations and the preservation of chain of evidence
- Ability to contribute to a security investigation in all phases of data gathering, analysis and correlation
Compensation and Benefits
Experience with central log collection, indexes, searching and analysis
Thorough understanding of syslog and windows event IDs Familiarity with common network device logs such as Cisco ISO, Windows, Linux, Unix, CheckPoint Firewalls, Cisco Firewalls, Nortel VPN, Cisco VPN, F5 Networks, etc.
- Understanding of application logs such as Apache, Weblogic, IIS, WebSphere, etc.
- Familiarity with InTrust, ArcSight or other central logging tools
- Computer Science, Mathematics degree or equivalent experience
- GIAC, CSSIP or similar certification
Siemens provides a flexible benefit program that is carefully designed to support your health, your financial security and your work-life balance. The variety of benefits and amenities available, in addition to pay, provides you a total package.
About Siemens PLM Software
Siemens PLM Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management ( PLM) software and services. Today, Siemens PLM Software products manage or create more than 40 percent of the world's 3D data.
We are a team, collaborating with clients to transform their innovation processes and fully leverage PLM. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business and our clients can achieve full potential. For more information please visit Siemens PLM Software on the Web.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Siemens PLM Software does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies.
Siemens PLM Software - 14 months ago