The ETL engineer will provide subject matter expertise to modernize the existing Informatica PowerCenter 8.6 Enterprise version to PowerCenter version 9.x Enterprise. The migration will include all ETL workflows, worklets, BTEQ’s and shell scripts that exist in the production environment. (over 2200) Install new version 9.x in development environment setup with high availability cluster. Export repository from production to new infrastructure development environment to make sure all content is upgraded to the version 9.x upgrade. Then work the migration through existing development environment, test, pre-production and production environments. There is no intent to migrate existing BTEQ scripts to Informatica workflows or mappings.
Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) subject matter expert for Global Combat Support System – Air Force (GCSS-AF) Data Services. Position will be required to support coverage within core business hours on business days at the government location.
Specific job duties include:
Design the system for the use of Informatica Proactive Monitoring with details on how PowerCenter will integrate, operate, audit and perform with Proactive Monitoring.
- Produce schedule and migration plan with details to include steps required for install, configure, migrate, and test version 9.x.
- Provide status via charts and attendance at weekly program status review meetings.
- Documenting ALL steps of the development and migration effort using the provided templates.
- Work with BI and Database teams to troubleshoot open issues with the migration.
- Provide administrator guide, FAQ guide, install and back out instructions.
- Provide architecture drawings of the new systems in MS Visio – with details
- Provide new process flows guide how work flows are executed to include scheduling tool
- Provide details how to use auditing tools
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter version 8.6 and higher
- Experience with Informatica Proactive Monitoring and integration with PowerCenter 9.x and higher
- Experience with Red Hat Linux
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Oracle desired
- Experience with connectivity to Teradata warehouse.
- Knowledge of systems, application architecture, data warehouse architecture and data modeling
Please include your employment preference – 1099 independent contractor or employee with your application. Please also send your standard hourly rate if your preference is as a 1099 contractor or desired annual salary if you prefer to be a RYAN employee.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
- Candidate must be an effective communicator both oral / written.
- Candidate should be a strong team player, shares knowledge
- Candidate should demonstrate drive, initiative, and take ownership of tasks
- Candidate must have a CompTIA A+ certification or higher w/in 60 days of hire.
- Candidate must have an appropriate Computing Environment certification per DoDD 8570.01
As an established force in the Information technology services and solutions industry, Ryan Business Services. has been one of the leading...