1. Work with initiative leads, business areas, technical leads, business architects, application architects, stakeholders, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to define and accomplish ETL responsibilities. 2. Review and accept software and interface design and requirements.
3. Refine and decompose requirements to the level of detail required to initiate development. 4. Design ETL and related components.
5. Deliver ETL and related components as specified in the design, functional and non-functional requirements, within established budget, time and quality standards. 6. Design, prototype, develop, test, and document existing and new ETLs, and related components make recommendations for related functions that result in a more cost effective product delivery.
7. Perform unit testing of ETLs and related components and document test results. 8. Complete code reviews for ETLs and related components, and complete documentation of issues identified and action items.
9. Correct testing defects and support all testing, including but not limited to Development Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing, and Performance Testing. 10. Analyze current ETLs and related components for performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting.
11. Identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance. 12. Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current IT environment.
13. Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated ETL-related problems, pro-actively and as issues surface. 14. Develop and document internal Informatica ETL standards and best practices.
15. Provide application integration support. 16. Perform code version control activities via ClearCase and ClearQuest.
17. Create and update all necessary documentation for the Project. 18. Perform other duties associated with the position, whether or not explicitly directed.
19. Comply with all applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and controls. Skill level Senior (7+ yrs) Skills 1. Minimum six (6) years of current and hands-on experience with Informatica PowerCenter (v 8.x and higher) design, development and performance tuning for Multi-Dimensional Datamarts (Star Schema).
2. Minimum four (4) years of current and hands-on experience with reading and loading high-volume Type 2 dimensions (Slowly Changing Dimensions) in Multi-Dimensional Datamarts (Star Schema). 3. Minimum six (6) years of current and hands-on experience with complex SQL and high-volume Relational databases and SQL Query performance tuning.
4. Minimum six (6) years of current and hands-on UNIX shell scripting experience. 5. Minimum two (2) years of current and hands-on Autosys experience.
6. Minimum two (2) years of current and hands-on experience with code management tools such as ClearCase. 7. Agile development methodology experience preferred.
Informatica, SQL, Unix, Autosys, Clearcase, Agile
Dice - 19 months ago