Information Acquisition and Insights Product Taxonomist (Contractor/Part-Time)
Unique opportunity to jump into a data focused startup on the ground floor. If you love data, want an opportunity to create our taxonomy from the ground up, and enjoy working in an exciting environment with smart, down-to earth people, you’re in the right place!
We are looking for a top-notch taxonomist to partner with our Information Acquisition and Insights team at Quad Analytix. Your main contributions will include:
Collect and manage requirements for product data and taxonomy and hierarchy management
Create hierarchies of product categories and determine the correct categorization of products
Determine the most important product attributes to capture for each item category
Map e-commerce merchants (e.g. Williams-Sonoma, Crate & Barrel, etc.) taxonomies to Quad’s taxonomy
Collaborate with Quad Associate to maintain the databases containing all taxonomy information
This is a contractor (part-time) position, which can be completed remotely. Requires a computer and internet access.
Who you are:
You take pride in your attention to detail. You’re naturally analytical, and don’t mind spending your time doing repetitive tasks to achieve your goals. Speaking of goals, you evaluate your success based on results, not the time you spend trying to achieve your objectives. You’ve got a great work ethic, and just as importantly, a great attitude. You like to bring structure into confusing situations, and enjoy collaborating with smart, humble people.
Some general requirements:
- In depth knowledge of product taxonomies and structured product content
- Bachelor’s degree. A graduate degree in information management or library and information science is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel (proficiency will set you apart)
- Passion for e-commerce (you might just love to shop, and you certainly are familiar with the layout and structure of e-commerce websites)
- Comfortable with daily deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Can-do, positive attitude
Quad Analytix - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard