The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Information Analyst II in our Data Services organization, who will be resident in our Reston, VA office.
The Data Services group of the College Board seeks an Information Analyst to work closely with Data Services staff, relevant business stakeholders, and Information Technology (IT) staff to support the organization’s efforts to plan for, develop and maintain an increasingly powerful and robust enterprise data platform and suite of business intelligence solutions. The analyst will play a key role in partnering with business units to understand their individual needs and align them with an enterprise data framework.
The analyst will be a member of the cross-functional data management team, tasked with defining, developing and maintaining enterprise information requirements, models, dictionaries and various other artifacts needed to support all current and future business initiatives and processes of the College Board. Primary responsibilities will include extracting and documenting strategic enterprise information needs and requirements, ongoing translation of needs and requirements into the enterprise information strategy, and facilitation and participation in the development of various models, definitions, policies, standards, and guidelines necessary to carry out the established strategy. Solid, transferable documentation will be a key to success in this role.
The information analyst will be a business advocate working with IT counterparts on an overall information structure and supporting architectures needed to support the integration and dissemination of information to the business community and external customers. The analyst will develop a deep understanding of business processes and will be responsible for identifying and documenting information flows between producer and consumer business processes. The analyst will participate in the definition of guidelines for information integration into various architecture components including master data files, operational data stores, data warehouse, analytical data marts, and others.
- Serve as an information analyst on key projects impacting multiple units of the College Board
- Interface with business users and business analysts as necessary to develop and document a detailed understanding of the business processes, data entities, data producers, data consumers, and data interdependencies across business processes within the enterprise
- Identify, synthesize, document and communicate the requirements, strategy, and direction of the business in order to evolve the vision for the future Enterprise Information Model
- Working in partnership with business and IT counterparts, participate in the creation and maintenance of various models and artifacts needed to adequately define, document and communicate the current and future state information architecture and the various business and IT initiatives or activities that are necessary to realize the future state vision
- Develop the enterprise information dictionary and metadata management processes needed to adequately oversee and guide the introduction of new data assets and usage of existing data assets within the enterprise
- Adhere to and evolve the information management policies, standards and guidelines and the governance framework necessary to achieve compliance
- Facilitate and participate in detailed data analysis necessary to measure, identify and track the quality of data and information assets in an ongoing manner
- Work with business technology counterparts to develop an in-depth understanding of existing IT solutions to be able to recommend and define requirements for areas of improvement in existing data or data access architectures
Bachelor’s degree required. Additional post graduate degree, MS, MBS or other professional development preferred. Experience with standard business and project management processes
4+ years experience in managing and executing data management initiatives, including data management, warehousing, provisioning and business intelligence. 4+ years experience in data modeling and data management of enterprise wide data. Thorough understanding business process modeling, data provisioning modeling, entity relationship modeling and dimensional modeling. Experience in project management and staff mentorship. Practical knowledge of DBMS, ETL tools, reporting and analysis tools, and data mining tools. Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and on budget. Experience with education related data is preferred.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
This position will be subject to a background check.
- Superb data and process documentation skills.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Experience in multiple areas of data standards, data management, data warehousing and business intelligence is essential.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, along with understanding of test scenarios, use cases, acceptance criteria and sequence diagrams.
- Experience in business process analysis, design and documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities, and solid team worker with demonstrated abilities in analysis, problem solving, and facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams comprised of personnel throughout an organization that are tasked with the successful development, testing, distribution, and implementation of technical applications.
- Execution-focused mind set
- Technical capabilities preferred: strong knowledge of SQL, relational database modeling, data mapping and documentation, knowledge of BI tools such as Cognos
If you are interested in joining the College Board and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to APPLY by following the link below to send us your resume and a brief introductory cover letter that includes salary expectations.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
From dunce to dean's list, there are three letters every high school student must learn: S, A, and T (those on the dean's list...