The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex houses amazing exhibits, tours and inspiring shows that immerse you into the past, present and future of the space program. Our operations include food and beverage, retail, educational programs, tours and the Astronaut Hall of Fame. Visit our website at www.kennedyspacecenter.com
- Provide supporting role in the administration of CMMS, the facilities maintenance management system. Ensure systems security is maintained according to functional responsibilities of users/groups. Provide focal point contact for report customization and user support.
- Provide break/fix support for all production environments. Work with internal and vendor resources to resolve problems as assigned.
- Assist in the design, integration and implementation of systems supporting company initiatives and lines of business.
- Participate in projects of all sizes. Provide technical advice and solutions to address project requirements.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact finding to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Install, test and implement technical solutions. Create supporting documentation for these efforts.
- Work closely with vendor(s) to complete projects and for resolution of problems.
- Work on Projects as assigned in the role of lead application resource.
- Periodically oversee and/or perform work on small discretionary changes as scheduled.
- Perform in the role of technical lead on project and technical work required in support of IT initiatives.
- Support POS environments adhering to all PCI requirements and policies.
- Provide lead role in Help Desk operation providing user support and systems management. Managing the use of key software programs including setup, security, auditing, and reporting. When required produces job aids such as quick reference guides and contributes to the dissemination of information to system users by writing desk instructions, training guides and standard operating procedures. Plans, coordinates, and implements software upgrades including development of testing procedures. Maintains workstation imaging and controls for reliable software environment.
- Provides administration design and support in local field domains and migrations from Novell to Microsoft server operating systems transitions.
- Perform support operations to server farm and VMware environment. Administer server operating systems and user environments.
- Provide a supporting role and focal point of administering all aspects of Ticketing POS system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; Confirms adherence to PCI requirements, accounting standards, procedures and financial controls for ticket creation and administration. Maintain and support all ancillary peripheral devices. Ensure systems security is maintained according to functional responsibilities of users/groups. Create and run reports from complex databases of different structures. Develop and maintain SQL reports using crystal report writer or company standard report writing tools or provide direction in report development. Ensures database performance and resolves problems.
- Maintain currency of system environments – keeping current of changes for vendor, security and platform releases.
- Manage production environment to ensure high availability, good performance and sufficient capacity.
- Perform system support and maintenance functions. Develop and maintain standard documentation for system configuration and support.
- Provide supporting role in the administration of IP Security Surveillance System, interface with the security management team. Ensure systems stability is maintained and functional operation is coordinated for existing and new infrastructures.
- Perform in the role of technical lead project and technical work required in support of IT initiated projects.
- Work with structured wiring premise distribution systems, maintain, troubleshoot and support fiber optic and copper communication infrastructures. Maintain, troubleshoot and support network hardware in LAN, WAN, Wireless and Microwave configurations. Maintain, troubleshoot and support telephony and voice mail systems.
- Provides direction and mentoring of less senior Information Technology staff or interns
- Performs administrative functions: informs management of problem trends; attend meetings
- Provides status reports; maintains records of helpdesk-related activities in central database.
- Carry pager and/or communications device for availability. Provide after hours and weekend support/work as required. Interface with all levels of management and personnel.
- Quality and accuracy of work paramount to computer operations.
- Perform PCI Compliance duties as required.
- Focus on the user community with a high level of support as well as maintain and improve customer service standards with respect to turn-around time, follow-up, permanent solutions and user education.
- Provides telephone and voicemail system support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in IT or Business
- 3-5 years experience
- 3 years experience in position requiring a high level of technical and project team expertise
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills to be able to present to a target audience
- Ability to multi-task and set own priorities as well as function effectively as a team member.
- Strong Windows OS administration experience
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP, IPX Ethernet networks in a switched environment preferred
- Self motivated and able to excel in fast paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft network operating system platforms
- Familiarity with VMware system platforms
- Familiarity with Novell Server operating systems
- Support for a variety of distributed applications
- Experience solving a wide variety of dynamic and complex problems in a high visibility position
- Ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms (and vice versa)
- Ability to provide Technical diagrams through the use of Visio
- SQL Server and/or Oracle Database experience preferred
- Batch file/VB Script/WMI/.NET/ experience preferred
- Experience working in project teams
Delaware North Companies - 19 months ago